Sunday, March 12, 2017

Photography (Color gels!)

Saturday, March 11th, 2017

   I have decided that my magazine will be an "indie fashion" magazine. As I have been conducting my research on the indie magazine genre, I have found that individuals who typically purchase indie magazines are into fashion, traveling, listening to the indie music, modeling, parties, festivals, fashion events, and urban life. These are some of the topics I will include in my magazine to attract my target audience. 

   I plan to start with my cover page. I intend to start with shooting a series of photos of my friends to possibly use one of those photos on the cover page. As of now, I know that I want my magazine photographs to be unique since thats what the indie genre consists of. I want my photos to have different colors throughout the images. Here's an example of the way I would want to play with colors in my own photographs:




   I have also conducted research on how to play with colors and lighting. I have found that through the use of color gels I can create images such as the one above. Initially, I came across a video that explained different ways to use color gels. The only problem with that particular video was that it required the use of expensive equipment. I decided to keep looking at ways I could use color gels in an easier and less expensive way. I found one video that explained the use of color gels in a more simple way, gave suggestions on how to use color gels using cheaper equipment,  along with an explantation of how to edit these photos through photoshop to obtain the desired image. 

   I have decided to purchase color gels through amazon to be able to try out this technique. I found the color gels to be super cheap and I also found some cheap light diffusers as well. I hope to start shooting my images either at the end of this week or the following week with the use of color gels.








No comments:

Post a Comment