Sunday, March 12, 2017

Indie Fashion

Sunday, March 12th, 2017

   I came across one magazine that really caught my attention. Here is one of the magazines cover images:



   I find that the simplicity and grid like structure of the cover page is visually intriguing. The indie genre does receive some misconceptions such as being to excessive and unnecessary, but its style is much more minimalistic. For my magazine, I intend on creating something very straightforward yet interesting enough to capture the viewers attention. 

    Because my magazine is an indie fashion magazine, I will also include photographs of others into my magazine. Since it is an indie magazine, my "models" would have to be wearing clothes that reflect this genre. I have begun to look into what indie fashion consists of. Indie means "independent," so when speaking in terms of fashion, the indie aspect of it is very unique  and personal to each individual. However, I also realized that indie fashion is very relaxed and played back. It consists of many layers of clothing and letting your hair do its own thing. Since it is unique to each person, there isn't one specific guideline to how to dress indie, it's simply just playing with simple clothing and making it your own. Color choice is not important in indie fashion since it's so laid-back. One could mix and match many colors to obtain their desired look. I will begin brainstorming different outfits I could have my subjects wear to acquire this "indie" look. 

    
   

No comments:

Post a Comment