Sunday, March 19, 2017

Magazine Layout

Monday, March 13th, 2017

   Now that I have researched my genre, I am starting to brainstorm layout ideas for my magazine cover. Since I know my magazine is going to be very simple, I came up with very grid-like structures for my cover, with not much writing on the cover. I want the main focus to be on the photo and I want to keep the cover line minimal. I came up with five covers.


   I am leaning mostly towards the first and fourth layout idea I came up with because I find that this minimalistic cover will appeal to my target audience better than the others. For the most part, layout ideas #1 and #4 are the exact same thing except for where the masthead and cover lines are placed. Layout idea #2 could be a possibility if I take a photo that has a very solid background or a blurred background. Then I'd be able to place the masthead and cover line there.




No comments:

Post a Comment