Sunday, March 19, 2017

Ideas for cover page

Sunday, March 19th, 2017

   Since I will begin shooting my cover images next week, I have decided to look at different indie magazine covers for inspiration. For the most part, the cover consist of portraits of a single model. The background is usually of one solid color and not really of the model outside. I plan to take portraits of my friends that agreed to be photographed for this project. Here are some example I found inspirational:



   In my previous posts, I posted my layout drawings and many of my ideas are very similar to the layout of these magazines. I really want to have a border on my cover to make the image more interesting. Although the first two have very neutral colors, I want my magazine to have more colors, similar to the third example. I still haven't chosen a color scheme I want to follow, but I know that I either want to have yellow or blue very present in my magazine. I believe the color scheme will give my magazine a sense of uniformity, which is what appeals to my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment